SUPPLIER-MANAGED INVENTORY CAPS SCHAFFER ‘SINGLE-SOURCE SOLUTION’
The supply chain is a target-rich environment for finding opportunities to shift risk and cost beyond the walls of your own operation. For that reason, a contract metal fabrication relationship that’s truly a partnership – and not just arm’s length purchasing transactions – gives you an option to pull product from supplier-managed inventory.
Using established, tested and proven inventory management processes and systems, Schaffer Manufacturing collaborates with customers to:
- Capture per-unit cost efficiency through volume manufacturing
- Buy materials in volume to lock-in discounts and avoid exposure to cost fluctuations
- Eliminate inventory carrying costs
- Prevent supply chain disruptions related to material lead times
- Incorporate lot tracing and tracking
Schaffer Manufacturing operations in Milltown, Wis., include 13,000 square feet of inventory space.