Heavy Fabrication Is Good For Finding Out Who Can Really Cut It, Form It, And Weld It
A walk through 40,000 square feet dedicated to heavy metal fabrication tells you Schaffer Manufacturing is built to design, engineer, cut, fabricate and finish large, heavy weldments.
- The largest press brake, at 600 tons, can form material up to 1½ inches thick.
- The Oxyacetylene cutting table is 60 feet long, for a working area large enough to fabricate a large weldment from a single piece of material.
- 5000 watts of laser cutting power – utilizing fiber and CO2 laser cutting technologies – is the answer to cutting thicker material more efficiently than typical 2000-watt or 3000-watt systems.
- The largest vertical machining centers in the area provide significantly larger-than-normal work envelopes.
- Up to 50-foot-long in-house finishing systems incorporating Class A wet paint and powder coating operations.
Schaffer turnaround can be up to 40% faster than the 10-week lead times typical for large, heavy fabrication projects.
More than 20 years’ experience responding to short lead times in the aggregate mining industry has helped Schaffer streamline the transition of projects from order intake, through engineering, and out to the production floor.
Our company is also ISO 9001:2015 registered.